Monday 16 April 2012

My Tandoori chicken

So I had diner last week with a good friend of mine who is a fellow foodie. We were talking recipes and decided to have a little friendly cook off! Tandoori chicken is the challenge. I'm going to cook a spinach and potato aloo side dish with roasted curried baby parsnips & homemade nann bread

So today I need to make the marinade for the chicken and get that marinading in the fridge for 24 hours..

Ingredients for my paste:

Fresh ingredients:
Garlic
Red chillies
Ginger
Coriander
Dried ingredients:
Paprika
Ground cumin
Ground coriander
Garlic salt
Other ingredients:
Tomato puree
Veg oil
Natural yogurt
Lemon juice
Red food colouring

Method:
  1. Place the fresh ingredients in a food processer with the oil and yogurt and mix
  2. Then add the rest of the ingredients apart from the food colouring
  3. Then turn into bowl and add the food colouring
  4. Rub the paste into the chicken

Im going to marinade this for 24 hours in the fridge. I sliced the chicken on the legs and breast and covered in the paste and now its doing it's stuff in the fridge....





It's National bread week this so lets get get baking....I've already given you a simple flat bread recipe lcheck it out. I will post a simple bread recipe tomorrow for a white loaf which I will be baking tomorrow and use for my baby girls pack lunch!!

Happy cooking people!








No comments:

Post a Comment